Tuesday, October 23, 2012

My Turn To Share Goodness

My son is very picky so I go to the same pizza place several times each week before I pick him up from school, so he can eat while we drive home. It's right across from his school so I usually stop just minutes before pick up time. I was running a bit behind when I made my stop yesterday but I'm usually in and out in under a minute so I wasn't too worried. That is until I realized that the customer ahead of me had a very complex order. After a couple minutes of discussing the special order with this customer, the man behind the counter told her he would like to get hers right so was going to quickly ring me up for my usual order and get right back with her. She happily agreed.

By this time I had realized that one of the issues with her order was that she wanted extra toppings but had only brought enough money to cover a basic pizza. She had to keep adjusting her pizza to fit into her budget but she really wanted all the toppings so she was struggling. I noticed that she had a cast on her leg and her arm and I knew this little lady was not having her best day.

While the man was ringing up my sale I turned to the lady and asked if she would like to trade my Ten dollar bill for her 8 dollars?  I didn't want to insult her but I knew she wanted her yummy pizza. She was not offended by my offer but more shocked. Yet another reminder that we often forget to "share goodness" in our daily lives. She happily traded with me and we agreed that it would be much more delicious with all of her toppings :).

She was so grateful for my tiny gesture and I felt great knowing that she would truly enjoy her dinner. I always look for small ways to compliment people or say a kind word but this was a situation that fell right into my lap and I loved the outcome.

Finally, it was my turn to share goodness!


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete